On the Basic Gospel broadcast in June, we will be talking about the role of the Holy Spirit in our lives. From a practical, real-life, rubber-meets-the road standpoint, I can think of no subject as important as this one.
Early in my Christian life, I associated the Holy Spirit with strange manifestations and weird, bizarre behavior. I’m happy to say, nothing could be further from the truth. But I shied away from any teaching on the Holy Spirit. Maybe that’s the case for you as well.
The Holy Spirit’s ministry in our lives transforms us from the inside out. Learning to trust His work is truly life- changing.
So often, as I talk with people on the broadcast, I hear a deep sense of frustration in their voices. They genuinely desire to experience the abundant life Jesus promised, but they don’t know what that life looks like or how to live it. When they learn how to “walk in the Spirit,” as Paul states in Galatians 5:16, their lives are never the same.
Your gifts to Basic Gospel help us take this message to listeners all around the world. As of May 1st, we are reaching a whole new audience through OnePlace.com, a Christian internet portal that attracts over 1.3 million visitors each month.
I am very excited about this new audience joining us at this time. It is so vitally important that we know and experience the work of God’s Spirit in our lives. Here are a few of the amazing things he accomplishes in us.
- God’s Spirit makes us alive in Christ.
Titus 3:4-5 (NIV) But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
- He assures us that we are indeed children of God.
Romans 8:16 (NIV) The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.
- He, as our comforter and counselor, guides us into all truth by taking the things of Jesus and making them known to us.
John 16:13-14 (NIV) But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.
- He gives us the power to understand and experience the love of God.
Ephesians 3:16-19 (NIV) I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,-- and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
He works in us to will and to do God’s good pleasure.
Philippians 2:13 (NIV) For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
He expresses the fruit of His life through us.
Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Jesus Christ is alive, and through the Spirit, he lives in the hearts of his children. His presence in us changes everything. As we grow in our knowledge of him, this truth becomes more and more real to us and we experience real change in our daily life.
Recently, a listener shared the difference Christ has made in his life. I know his story will encourage you and help you see the difference you are making in the lives of people through your gifts to Basic Gospel.
Through your ministry I now understand much better what it is like to have Christ living in me. I understand and know that knowledge about God comes through Spiritual wisdom and understanding. I know that I love because he first loved me. I know that he delivered me from the evil one and that I've been brought into the Kingdom of the Son He loves. I now know peace, rest and a joy that knows no bounds. I love being taught by God at his pace so I can get to know Him better. Every single day He's reminding and teaching me who I am and what I have in him. I'm relieved and so very thankful that I understand more clearly that he knows my heart better than I do. It truly does give me a humble confidence so that I can know him better and grow. Thanks be to God that he came to give me LIFE. I truly have crossed over.
Thank you for standing with us to make the message of "Christ in you" a reality to so many across the nation and around the world. You encourage many struggling souls to experience life through your support of Basic Gospel.
Your continued support keeps the message going out through radio, the internet and other media channels. This month, the cost to reach our radio and internet audience is $41,000. Please send your gift of $100, $200, $500, or more and provide an opportunity for someone to experience the abundant life Jesus promised.
Thank you for being part of the Basic Gospel family. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Made alive in him,
The offer, About Spiritual Gifts, associated with this letter has expired, however you may purchase it online here or request it by phone at 800.727.2828.
- Sep :: No Fear. Only Assurance.
- Aug :: Jesus Is The Right Side of History
- Jul :: The Most Powerful Force on Earth
- Jun :: Jesus Defines Who You Are
- May :: There Is An Answer For Depression
- Apr :: Do You Know God's Will?
- Mar :: Jesus is the Reasonable Answer
- Feb :: Enjoy Strong And Thriving Relationships
- Jan :: Live Different
- Dec :: My Favorite Christmas Memory
- Nov :: Therefore…
- Oct :: What is Grace?
- Sep :: God's Perfect Peace Through Prayer!
- Aug :: Do You Believe This?
- Jul :: Is Freedom Just Another Word?
- Jun :: The Almost Too Good To Be True News
- May :: No Longer What You Once Were
- Apr :: Turning Doubt to Assurance
- Mar :: The World is Waiting to Hear
- Feb :: Mercy Wins
- Jan :: A Future and A Hope
- Dec :: Spread the Word!
- Nov :: There is Nothing Better…
- Oct :: Hearts are Prepared to Receive His Life
- Sep :: What's in a Name?
- Aug :: Get the Word Out
- Jul :: Stand Firm for Freedom
- Jun :: There Is Nothing More Compelling!
- May :: A Mystery Revealed
- Apr :: Jesus is Alive
- Mar :: A Fail-Proof Plan For You
- Feb :: Hear, Believe, Live
- Dec :: Hear, Believe, Live
- Nov :: No More Emotional Baggage
- Oct :: Being the Church
- Sep :: You Are a Child of God
- Aug :: You Are Forgiven!
- Jul :: Hope and Freedom in Jesus
- Jun :: Nothing Strange About It
- May :: We Are A New Covenant Ministry!
- Apr :: The Good News is this – Jesus Christ is alive!
- Mar :: Contentment in Christ is Possible
- Feb :: Partners In The Gospel